New Herds

They want to open the sparkled rounds to you.
or turn to the next continent.

They admire the settled foot on foreign grass,
and study the language of the unknown.

They long to wake up in a different city,
facing every corner of the glass country.

They stop waking up to you,
avoiding every reflection of the truth.


...............................

I remember quite well, as a child, half-listening to the sound of people mapping the globe. My mother and our close family friends love to share secrets of their travels to mark an overlapping fate. I do not know much about the world since my current situation has not allow me to set my foot on their grounds. Much to my jealousy over their experiences, which only exist once I understand the whole outline of that conversation, admitting your wishes to share their comfy shoes is apparent to me now.

Mother and family friends have lived in different countries for a significant duration. Since, I am not a travelling gypsy, it is sad to say my mother no longer flies with the herd as much. Though I could still prolong my envious thoughts on our family friend, who is currently living in different lands, with a month on each. She is doing some research slash good deed for the locals, and I can make a self conclusion that she is having a blast while leaving her sister's favourite kid (Yes the sister loves me :) ).

Since my field of study will send me nowhere interesting, I can only hope I might become a charity case for a traveller. Haa or married to a fugitive.

There is a lot to learn about yourself and others by travelling. Like, locals love to ask me for directions on places I have never settled in, and for an opinion on donuts. I learn people are weird and a bit daft, since who would ask a non local for directions. And, I learn I attract funny, not in a laughable manner, beings. Or scary men and nuns who would stare at you in public transportation.

One thing I can be proud of is, frantic compliments I receive about my hat or cap or whatever it is you call it these days. Yes, it is the one thing I always get when we go somewhere.

I might not be a constant fliers but I sure am an awesome hat slash cap girl. ;p

No comments:

 
SafeYourPins - Free Blogger Templates - by Templates para novo blogger